Thursday, April 22, 2010

Introducing....






He is finally here! We are so excited about the newest addition to our family! Brian and I headed to the hospital Sunday January 17th at 12am just after my water broke. Let me just say, I was VERY ready to get the show on the road. I had called my mom earlier that day in tears telling her, "My back is killing me and I'm swollen everywhere. This baby is never going to come! This is just a cruel cruel joke!!!" Its amazing what hormones will make you think. :)
12 hours into labor and it was finally time for me to get my epidural. What a relief! I told Brian to go home and take a shower because I knew I wouldn't be pushing until that evening. He kept his cell phone close to him and headed home. I was just happy to get a solid hour of sleep! I woke up about 1:15pm and buzzed Suzy (my nurse) because I was feeling nauseated. She checked to see how far I was dilated because I guess nausea is common in labor. With wide eyes she said, "lets call Brian, you are ready to push!" "Are you kidding me?! I just sent him home to shower!" Luckily Brian thinks he is a race car driver. He jumped in the car and made the 25min drive in about 15minutes! The best part about it is that there was a highway patrol on the freeway so Brian rolled his window down and yelled, "my wife's in labor!!" the cop just laughed and waved him ahead!
By 3:11pm our not so little Edward Andreas was born! 8lbs 3oz, 20inches long. He is healthy and doing great! We are so blessed.
I was so lucky to have a "good labor" experience. My nurses were great! Suzy was my main nurse (the one in the picture). Both her and Dr. Blackham delivered Brian 25 years ago! It was so neat to have them deliver Eddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment